Wednesday, March 8, 2017

What a week!

2/22/16 

Me n Sister James! 
And the last pic is me with Stephanie Nielson, the plane crashed survivor, and a member in our Ward. 





So a little highlight about my week! Sorry it's not very long. 

1. We started teaching a girl named Bailey and she wants to be baptized! Her family isn't very supportive so she is seeing some push back from them but she know's the church is true and wants to plan on being baptized on March 5th.

2. Leo, he got baptized last month, has now received the priesthood! He passed the sacrament for the first time last week and it was so awesome to see. Sister Jensen is coming back to Salt Lake to go through the temple with us on Saturday. He will be doing baptisms for the dead (We don't actually baptize dead people, we get baptized FOR them so that if they die before having a chance to accpet the gospel, we can do their work for them and in the spirit world they can choose if they want to accept their baptism) for the first time and we are so excited. He couldn't find any of his own family names to bring so he is bringing one of mine! 

3. I got to meet Stephanie Nielson. She has a Mormon Message about her. She was in a plane crash with her husband and her whole body was burned and she was left unrecognizable. She was really depressed but relied on the gospel to bring her hope and light and now she is happy again and had another baby and became a known blogger. She has a very inspirational story! Y'all should look her up! 

4. I just realized that a member in one of my wards is stinkin on DANCING WITH THE STARS! She is one of the professional dancers. I didn't make the connection at all. She has been to lessons with us and everything. Her name is Chelsie Hightower. I was talking to her a couple weeks ago and she was like "I dance for a living" and I was thinking "Oh yeah you probably just dance for fun or something." Hahahahaha. Yeah. She's famous. 

Other than trying to contact a ton of referrals, and getting lost, and having lessons, its been fairly uneventful. being in Salt Lake is really cool though because we can go to temple square all the time. we have lessons with Less actives and non members there. It provides an awesome setting to have a chance to testify of the gospel and of Jesus Christ.

I am having so much fun here! So for those of you who didn't know, only a few missionaries get cars. It is mostly the leadership, some langues and YSA that get cars. so since I'm in YSA I get a car. But we don't have as many miles as we could so we have to use our car moderately. We end up riding public transportation, like the Trax and buses. It's really fun and a great opportunity to meet other people, and street contact. 

its finally warming up here... well it was sort of warming up. It got in the 50s for a few days, then there was a freak snow/rain/hail storm. Now it is supposed to snow today. The weather here is more bipolar than Washington! lol, its been great, and very nice to have a car so we didn't have to walk around in it. 

Well....that's it for this week! I'm #DoinTheWork #LivinTheDream . I love being an instrument in God's hand and it's an amazing blessing I have to help bring souls unto Christ. I know this church is true and that true happiness is found when you live what Jesus Christ taught. I love and miss you all! Write me! Email me! Anything! :)

Sister Sydney Holcomb
Utah Salt Lake City Mission
1535 S Edison St.
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
-- 

No comments:

Post a Comment