Wednesday, March 8, 2017

My fantastic week 🎉 part 3





Sister Sydney LaRee Holcomb
Utah Salt Lake City Mission

2/29/17

My fantastic week 🎉 part 3

This week was fantastic. If you couldn't tell, by the last two email
subject lines. The week started off with an awesome lesson Monday
night with our two new investigators! Commonly known as "The
Brazilians". Their names are Ney and Andre. They're from Brazil but
will be here for a couple months. We ended up meeting them because
they googled which young single adult Ward they should go to and ended
up in ours! They're awesome. Slightly difficult to teach because they
have no religious background at all but we are being patient and
teaching the best we can and letting the Spirit do its job. We've met
with them 3 times this week so they're excited to learn more.

Next was our zone temple trip. It was a beautiful experience to be
inside the Salt Lake City temple for the second time. The more I
attend the temple, the more I'm able to understand the significance of
everything that goes on inside. It is such an amazing blessing we have
to have temples and having the sealing powers restored to the earth. I
really do love to see the temple. It set the tone for the week very
well.

On Wednesday we had interviews with President and it went aweeeeesome.
I love President Spendlove so much! He is so inspired to know how to
help the work progress here. Talking with him really gave me the extra
motivation I needed to keep working hard and do all that I could to
find people to teach. Even if the members aren't helping. He's just
awesome.

We got to have several lessons at temple square and that's always an
awesome experience. We had a tour of the conference center and learned
some cool fun facts there. Leo was supposed to go do baptisms at the
temple on Saturday but he had to reschedule because his friend was
being baptized (good reason) so we are going this Saturday. I can't
wait to see Sister Jensen again!

A spiritual thought.

Alma 7:11-12
"11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and
temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled
which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his
people.

12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of
death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their
infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to
the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his
people according to their infirmities."

It is through his sacrifice that I have hope. Hope that I can repent
and be forgiven for my sins, hope that I can live with my Heavenly
Father again, hope that I can be reunited with my loved ones even
after death. President Uchdorf has said, "Hope is like the beam of
sunlight rising up and above the horizon of our present circumstances.
It pierces the darkness with a brilliant dawn. It encourages and
inspires us to place our trust in the loving care of an eternal
Heavenly Father, who has prepared a way for those who seek for eternal
truth in a world of relativism, confusion, and of fear." We have the
knowledge of a Savior and all the amazing hope he brings to a dark
world and it is our responsibility to share that hope with others.
It's should be one of our strongest desires to share this message.
Imagine your favorite food, book, or movie that you absolutely loved
and how you desperately wanted all your friends to read that same
book, watch that same movie or eat that same food. That's how it
should be for the gospel of Jesus Christ because it is far better than
any of those worldly things. You wouldn't not tell your friend about
your favorite movie in fear of them being offended by it, would you?
No! That sounds ridiculous. We need to have courage and open our
mouths to proclaim truth that brings eternal happiness and light. With
out that knowledge and hope the Savior brings, I don't know where I'd
be. I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I know that God is
real. I know that I am never alone. I have witnessed the amazing power
of prayer several times in my life and know that if you ask God for
help he will help you. Even if you don't receive the answer you were
expecting, you will be blessed for trusting in him. I have felt the
amazing power of the atonement and forgiveness and have felt the
Savior take my burdens and the joy that comes when doing so. I know
that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and that he saw a vision and
received the Book of Mormon for us so that we may learn and grow from
it. I know the Book of Mormon is true and that it will bring you
closer to God. God knows you individually by name and loves you and
all of us. He knows our amazing potential. The Church of Jesus Christ
is true and brings everlasting happiness into my life, and into others
lives as well, if we but share it with them. Have courage and speak up
and be the disciple of Christ our God is waiting for you to be. Help
bring people their salvation and the key to happiness. I know that as
you strengthen your own testimony and share it with others, you will
be blessed and numerous other souls will be blessed as well for the
seed you planted in someone's heart.
And I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


And it's not an email from Sister Holcomb with out duck lips and a
selfie 😘😂 LOVE YALL! Stay awesome and don't forget to email your
favorite missionary! (Me...). Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment