Wednesday, March 8, 2017

ONE YEAR




Sister Sydney LaRee Holcomb
Utah Salt Lake City Mission

4/11/16
>
> Today is April 11. I'm going home in exactly one year! But yes, I hit
> my 6 months mark 3 weeks ago. MTC doesn't count for English speaking
> sisters in this mission....idk why. And then we all got a week
> extension. I feel like the next year is going to fly by which is
> scary. I'll be excited to see my family again but I'm going to run out
> of time to baptize be whole state of Utah! :P Haha well this week has
> been pretty cool! Sister Evarts and I are still getting used to our
> new area but I really like it so far! We have 4 new investigators! Sam
> and his mom and Amid and his cousin (but soon his whole family). Sam
> is SUPER chill. He's like 30. Like not sure if he is on drugs or not
> lol. But he is super interested in learning more and came to church
> with us on Sunday. His mom is also a new investigator. But she just
> kind of likes to argue so we are not sure how ready she is to meet
> with us. Amid met with us Tuesday morning and in the very first
> sentence he said, "Yes we want to join. My whole family." He is an
> older man from Pakistan. His cousin was the only one there but we will
> be teaching his whole family soon. We also met with a former
> investigator, Brandon. And he really likes the church and its
> teachings but he is only 16 and his dad won't let him get baptized.
> It's really sad that a lot of parents wouldn't support their child in
> doing something that would just help them be a better person. We will
> continue to encourage and support him. Pete, a less active member from
> my YSA area, went back to the temple to do endowments for the first
> time in 5 years!! Sister Jensen, Thetford, and I all got to come back
> and go through with him! It was awesome. I love how often we can
> attend the temple in this mission. We only go as a zone every 3 months
> but we can go with any of our recent converts or returning members if
> it's their first time going through since being reactivated. We also
> had zone conference and it was AMAZING. The main focus was charity and
> how we can be more consecrated and obedient missionaries when we have
> charity. Towards the work, the people, and our Savior. Well that's
> basically the best things that happened this week. I can't wait to
> continue working in this new area.

No comments:

Post a Comment