Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Fwd: Transfers week!!

3/28/16

Transfers week!!

Beginning with this amazing quote by the prophet Joseph Smith,
"The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done."

I just love that.

So anyways! Transfers happened! I'm whitewashing an area in Rose Park, it's the ghetto but I'm sooooo excited to go there. There's always more people to teach there.

So this week was fantastic though! Well let's see, where to begin. So the weather here in Utah is so dumb. And half the week was like 70-80 degrees and then every other day it snowed. Buuuut I hit my six months on the 23rd! We celebrated by going to In N Out! We didn't think our AP's would let us since the only one in our mission is 20 miles away but they did! He just told us not to tell the other AP haha. It was awesome!! Love that place. We found the only photobooth in SLC and took 6 months pictures there and then got to go out and visit people with our mission presidents wife. It was a pretty awesome day! 

On Saturday we also got to go to the General Women's conference live and it was an amazing experience! Our seats weren't AMAZING but it was the closest I've ever been in conference! The talks were amazing and I can't wait for conference on Sunday to go again. We have some perks of serving here. 

So work wise, we got 4 new investigators! So 5 progressing, 4 news, and two others!! And just a couple weeks ago we only had two! Ney and Andre are from Brazil and they're on date and hopefully at least two of the others will be on date within the next week or two. I'm sad to leave when it's just finally starting to pick up but I figured it would happen. I got transferred last time when we had 13 investigators. But it will be interesting to white wash! I know nothing about the area but like I said earlier, I'm super excited. I loved YSA but I'm so happy to be going back to family wards. I miss seeing kids! 

Here's a scripture that has stood out to me this week,

D&C 6:29-32

 "29 Verily, verily, I say unto you, if they reject my words, and this part of my gospel and ministry, blessed are ye, for they can do no more unto you than unto me.

 30 And even if they do unto you even as they have done unto me, blessed are ye, for you shall dwell with me in glory.

 31 But if they reject not my words, which shall be established by the testimony which shall be given, blessed are they, and then shall ye have joy in the fruit of your labors.

 32 Verily, verily, I say unto you, as I said unto my disciples, where two or three are gathered together in my name, as touching one thing, behold, there will I be in the midst of them—even so am I in the midst of you."

I just love this work, the ups and the downs, the hard times and the goods, I love it. Wouldn't trade this for the world.

I'm looking forward to my new adventures in Rose Park. Thank you all for your love and support. I miss and love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment