Friday, July 17, 2015

68 More Days

Today was great! The morning started off a little rough with a tough day at work but then I got to spend the rest of the day with my lovely mother <3 AND I found the CUTEST missionary clothes!! I'm tellin ya, Goodwill is the place to shop. 1. It's the only place I've been able to find skirts that are long enough. 2. ITS HECKA CHEAP! *note to the guys: they have super rad ties there as well*

Annyyyways. It was great being able to spend some time with my mom before I leave. She's pretty darn great. She's always been an inspiration to me and she's my best friend. So shout out to her. There's this chapter in Alma about the 2000 strippling warriors who are about to go out and fight a war. And these guys weren't like, huge men that have been trained for war or anything. They were just young men who had to step up and be leaders. "Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them. And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it."
Emphasis on the "THEY HAD BEEN TAUGHT BY THEIR MOTHERS, THAT IF THEY DID NOT DOUBT, GOD WOULD DELIVER THEM." Yeah, that's right. Their mother's must've been amazing. And I'm lucky enough to have a mother like theirs, that has taught me to trust God and has helped prepare me for the war against Satan and all earthly things that we will have to fight for the rest of our lives. But there's more that we can learn from the 2000 strippling warrior's story. ALL 2000 young men, made it out alive. "But behold, to my great joy, there had not one soul of them fallen to the earth; yea, and they had fought as if with the strength of God; yea, never were men known to have fought with such miraculous strength." 
We too have the power to fight this war and win. All we must do is put our trust in God. There are so many challenge we will all go through in this lifetime. There will be times where we may doubt or just don't know what to do but that is completely fine! None of the warriors died, but ALL were injured. We may get knocked down and fall to the ground in despair, but that only puts us in the perfect position to pray to our Heavenly Father for guidance and strength. In the words of the wonderful, Gordon B Hinckley, "When life gets too hard to stand, kneel." He has also said, “It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers.” 
I promise that if you listen to the things you have been taught and apply it to your life and trust in your Heavenly Father that you will find so much happiness and be able to see so many blessings in your life. 
I found this picture on Pinterest, and I LOVE it and I think it relates a lot to the story of the strippling warriors and their mothers. 

I'm so glad that I'm able to go on a mission where I can because closer to God and prepare myself to be a leader and teacher so that one day I can have children as strong as the strippling warriors. I can only hope that I will be a good enough mother and that my children will grow with faith and a love for the gospel and God. That also reminds me of something else that's been on my mind. As long as I can remember, I've always wanted to serve a mission. With the age change, the number of girls serving missions shot up. But if a young women chooses not to serve an official mission, that is completely ok. I personally know girls who have been very overwhelmed and confused because they have felt pressure from people around them to serve a mission when they have received different guidance from the Holy Ghost.  Choosing to not go on a mission, but to stay and get married and start a family is just as praiseworthy. I read in a New Era article called, For Young Women: Making the Mission Decision, "You don’t need to feel guilty for choosing not to be a full-time missionary. Follow the Spirit as you plan for and live your life, and Heavenly Father will provide many opportunities for you to serve His children in your home, community, and the world, whether that includes full-time missionary service or not." 
I just wanted to put that out there for any young women that are trying to make "the mission decision".  Don't let other people try to tell you what to do. Pray about what you should do and the Lord will guide you. Whether you choose to serve a mission or not, you will be blessed. 
Well, I think that's all I'll say tonight. I sort of just ramble on these haha. Ok so I'll just leave ya with a scripture that my good friend recently sent me that really stood out to me,
Alma 26: 11
"I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God."
I have God to thank for all the amazing opportunities and blessings I've had in my life. I can not stress enough the happiness the gospel brings me. God is amazing.

I hope everyone has an amazing night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment