Thursday, October 22, 2015

Quick update

I left my journal at the apartment so this one is going to be kinda short! 

First week as a missionary is finally complete! It's been interesting but I've already grown so much. So far it's been a very humbling experience and I've learned how to have charity and see people through God's eyes, to see them as my brothers and sisters in heaven. The people here are so kind and have taken me in like family. The wards are not what I was expecting! They're smaller than I thought and I think I saw a teenager only once! We are slowly but surely finding people to teach. It's more difficult than I thought to find people that can get baptized since so many people here have addictions. We live in "the bad part of town". But we remind them that the Holy Ghost will help them recover through anything so hopefully we will continue to progress. We just keep trying to remind them of how baptism is essential to gain eternal life. Since coming on the mission, I feel more like how the sons of Mosiah felt. That they could not bear that any human soul should perish. I'm starting to understand how that feels. Every person we meet I feel a sense of desperation for them to know the gospel. But that's part of the reason why it's been hard. We try to meet as many as the referrals as we can but it's difficult. Many of them have moved, or aren't interested. And we only have one or two progressing investigators. Some days I feel like I'm not doing enough and it's hard to not let the negative thoughts take over, but I've been praying and studying a lot. And I know all the right answers, forget myself and go to work, God doesn't bless you in ways you anticipate, stuff like that. But it's still hard sometimes. But I'm trying my very best to stay positive. I started making a list of blessings I saw each day and that helps. My companion and I are getting along fine. No problems or conflicts or anything. She's very quite but she made it her goal to talk more and she asked for my help for her to accomplish that so it's been getting better. Each day get's better and I keep my purpose in my mind and try my very hardest to fulfill it. I will go and do! 

I miss you all so much. Please email me! I'd love to hear from all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment